Monday, March 9, 2009

Sonnet

Last Wednesday during Literature class our English teacher Veronica asked us to write our own sonnet after reading Shakespeare's "sonnet 18". This is what I came out with.

Shall I compare thee to the art of Leonardo?
Paintings only art lovers would appreciate.
Thy smile is worth the art of de Caprio,
Looking at it makes me feel temperate.
Thou beauty will never fade in my sight,
Even if hurricane wind gust by.
Nothing can pears through this light;
Nor bring it to an end tonight.
Thou voice is as lovely as the blossom tree,
As fair as an angel.
Time is making it hard for me;
So would you see my love for you from my angle?
Decades flies by, your beauty still as fine
I will not say bye, until you are mine.


I know. corny huh? I don't know why suddenly those ideas just came popping. I wasn't sure who was I writing it to either.
It took me a few hours to finish this. There are some phrases that doesn't make any sense.
Like, rhyming angel with angle, rhyming by with bye. My favorite Quatrain is the second one.
.so cacat.so corny.

4 comments:

♥ Pauline said...

o.O sonnet 18! my classmates wanted to write this poem on valentines for his gf *doink*

Andrew Yong said...

Hahaha. sonnet 18 is already in the literature book the school gave us lah. doink! haha

♥ Pauline said...

but it's pretty good for those who don't have the andrew-poem-mind when they write a love letter =)

they are not shakespears!

Andrew Yong said...

hahhaha.
*tongue out*